Friday, November 13, 2009

septembers activites

hello all.
I apologize for the lateness of my blogs. But I would like to discuss my September activities.
September was a hectic month. Although I am a full time student, I managed to complete Americorps training and the Level 1 Water Quality Monitoring workshop in Springfield. I do not have pictures to go along with this mostly due to the lack of a usable camera.
I am the representative for the Open Space Council of the St. Louis Region and I have helped with projects such as the Operation Clean Stream in August, the Operation Wild Lands (an ongoing effort) and the Meramac River Expedition held in September, which sadly was cancelled this year.
The Open Space Council is a conservation non-for-profit group that channels advocacy and stewardship towards St. Louis' Green Spaces and Open Lands. We aquire and maintain land easements as well as sponsoring and supporting other local organizations. We work with Stream Team, East-West Gateway Council, MDC, DNR, and many others to support our open spaces and natural areas.

No comments: