Monday, November 9, 2009

October was busy but November will be even more so....

October was a busy month for me at Table Rock Lake Water Quality, Inc. I am finally getting used to all of the different “hats” I wear to help TRLWQ carry out their mission. Towards the beginning of October, TRLWQ published our quarterly newsletter. Please check out our website to catch up on all projects we are working on: www.trlwq.org. Due to lack of interest, I had difficulty arranging an activity for “Make A Difference Day”. However, I have been working on contacting local schools for educational presentations. I will be presenting a water quality presentation to a group of 8th graders at one of the local schools. I am very excited to expose these students to “Biomonitoring” and they will get a hands-on experience with identifying macroinvertebrates! I was also able to contact the Reeds Spring High School Stream Team and I will be aiding them in their data collection in a week. November is shaping up to be a more eventful month, so stay tuned to next month’s blog!

1 comment:

lancemallette73 said...

yeah, get the kids involved. in 8th grade i think i would have enjoyed learning about streams, ect. you'll be great.
Lance