Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Table Rock Lake Water Quality, Inc.


Hello! My name is Tammy Yelden and I am the assistant for Table Rock Lake Water Quality, Inc. in Kimberling City. The first month has been a whirlwind of learning about all of the different activities that TRLWQ is up to. One of the opportunities, I had this month was to assist the Missouri Stream with Volunteer Water Quality training in Springfield. This gave me the opportunity to meet with various Stream Teams in the area and see what their teams do. I also talked to many school teachers that were interested in TRLWQ Watershed festival in the spring. We are in the planning stages for that event which takes place in March. I am currently contacting local 4-H groups to conduct an “Educational Night” at one of their meetings. I am very excited about meeting the local clubs and hopefully spurring some interest in Stream Team activities for these young people.

No comments: