Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stories and Thunderstorms


Taneyhills Library in Branson, Missouri, is a small but fantastic library. They asked me to come and talk about water conservation with their weekly events for local kids. They are keeping an awareness of water all summer! It’s a great reading program to keep kids motivated to read books during the summer. There were about 30 kids that showed up to hear two stories about water and to participate in couple of activities. I read two stories: Water Dance by Thomas Locker and Why Should I Save Water? by Jen Green. Luckily, it was raining that morning so we had to talk about thunderstorms too. We did a thunderstorm activity where the kids mimicked the sounds of thunderstorms with hand clapping and stomping feet. Who doesn’t want to make lots of noise in a library when it isn’t usually allowed? The kids loved it! After story time, we had craft time and I got to help the kids with sand art! It’s been a few years since I have done that. :-) I had a great time at Taneyhills Library and I encourage you to check out the library when you’re in downtown Branson.
Taneyhills Library website: http://bransoncommunitylibrary.org/

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Look at that big bad scientist reading to children...

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your post Missouri Clean Water Stream Team Blog to us. Very nice comments about stories and thunderstorms.

I learn many things from this blog post.

Keep post interesting matters here.
Thanks for blogging.

malay