Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring 2010

2010 has started off with some really interesting Operation Wild Land workdays. We've ranged our workdays from Litter Pickups to Tree Plantings to Honeysuckle Removal. The turnouts for the workdays have been really good. One of the changes I have noticed between the beginning of last year to the beginning of this year is the number of students getting involved with our organizations.
For example, Logan College has made it a requirement that their students get at least 3 hours of volunteer community service. And for each workday we have had Logan College Students turn up. I've also noticed the number of St. Louis Community College students showing up. Although not as many as I would like to see, the numbers are rising. I am impressed with my community and am excited to be working with new people from it each time I run a volunteer workday.

No comments: