Friday, February 12, 2010

Attending MNRC


I felt like I had died and gone to heaven when I attended the Missouri Natural Resource Conference last week. Being involved in Americorps allows me to take part in events that I normally would have not been involved in! The opportunity to network with organizations who protect the environment was priceless. A lot of the professionals I met were people I had been communicating with via e-mail for upcoming JRBP (James River Basin Partnership) programs. This conference was paramount to developing relationships with individuals who work regularly with the partnership.
My AmeriCorps group also united for our quarterly meeting. I learned even more about the activities the other members are hard at work on! I am starting to notice a trend in having canoe races as a possible community outreach and fundraising event. This is so exciting! One thing I love about our meetings together is sharing new fundraising ideas for our water protection groups!

No comments: